-Today is a special day!-
March 21 is the day set apart each year to especially honor, support, and celebrate
some of the most beautiful people God has created
Here are some of my favorite people in the whole world!
A few facts about Down syndrome...
1. People with Down syndrome have 47 chromosomes rather than the typical 46.
They have an extra copy of the 21st chromosome, resulting in three - thus the significance of March 21st (3/21) being World Down Syndrome Day.
2. Down syndrome is the most common genetic condition. About one in every 700 babies is born with Down syndrome.
3. People don’t have “mild” Down syndrome, or “severe” Down syndrome. Their ability is not dependent on their condition, but rather on the individual.
4. Down syndrome occurs in people of all races and economic levels equally.
5. Regardless of what others may think, people with Down syndrome are not always happy. They experience the same emotion as everyone else.
-They have feelings; it hurts them when they are left out or ridiculed, just as it would hurt you.
6. People with Down syndrome may accomplish some things in a different way or at a slower pace, but they are by no means "disabled"! We all have different abilities and strong points, and these precious individuals stand out for their unwavering acceptance and unconditional love, which is of far more value than the abilities or skills most of us admire!
7. Most families who are blessed to have a member born with Down syndrome are loving their life, and experiencing the goodness and joy of the Lord each day, as they witness a pure love and forgiveness that most of us lack.
If you don’t know someone with Down syndrome,