Wednesday, September 13, 2017

The Lewis Edition: Our Summer

We left Texas the last day of June for a wonderful,
month-long trip to visit our family!

The Mississippi Bridge is always a welcome sight! :)

We arrived in time to celebrate July 4th in Tennessee!

Some of our dear little friends playing at a bluegrass festival ...

... while their family watches.

At Pickwick Lake with friends and family,
ready to watch the fireworks!

Sarah and I made salsa with Tennessee tomatoes from plants started in Texas. ;) 

Next we traveled to Ohio to visit Russell's family.

I enjoyed many walks on the beautiful trails
close to his brother and sister-in-law's home!


So pleasant!

Some friends took us to this marina and treated us to ice cream! 


I was too shy to ask to take a picture of our friends. :)

Our next destination was Michigan, where we spent an enjoyable day
 with some of Russell's cousins, went sight-seeing and camped out
for several nights.

At the cousin's cottage ... such a comfy place! ...
on Bankson's Lake

Cozy!

On our way back to Tennessee we took a day to visit the Creation Museum.
I had been a couple of times, but Russell hadn't been before.
We both thoroughly enjoyed it!  

A selfie with Methuselah! 😂

The highlight of the museum for me this time
was the exhibit on the history of the Scriptures.


"Unless I am convinced by the testimony of the Scriptures or by clear reason (for I do not trust either in the pope or the councils alone, since it is well known that they have often erred and contradicted themselves), I am bound by the Scriptures I have quoted and my conscience is captive to the Word of God.  I cannot and will not retract anything, since it is neither safe nor right to go against conscience.  I cannot do otherwise, here I stand, may God help me. Amen."

A neat quote by Luther on creationism!

Russell's favorite exhibit was the one on Mount St. Helen's,
how it is like a "mini Noah's flood."

One of the highlights of the summer was getting a "new" car!
A friend of ours in Tennessee put a lot of hours into making this
Honda Civic look amazing inside and out!

It's SO nice to have a car to get around while Russell is at work!!! 

Back home, the beginning of August;
our first Farmer's Market purchase!
Delicious!!!

At Taco Cabana in Longview, after waiting
expectantly for it to open! :)

The highlight of our summer: Caitlyn Ann's arrival!!!

So neat to watch Mama Flo enjoy another great-grandchild!

Precious!!!


She already has a special place in my heart!


No comments:

Post a Comment