Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Gingerbread Houses

We have been making a lot of gingerbread houses for friends, relatives, and neighbors this Christmas season.
Rolling out the dough
Cutting out the houses
Anna removes a pan from the oven
Stacks of gingerbread cooling on the counter
Sorting the pieces...
...and trimming them to the right sizes.
Constructing the houses
Putting on the roofs
Our favorite part was decorating the houses. A tiny graham cracker house for a 1 year old friend - we wanted it to be something she could eat.
Melissa made trees and bushes out of cornflakes and marshmallows to go around the houses.
Before......and afterLast minute repairs - the sugar cookie horses inside the barn fell over!

4 comments:

  1. WOW!! What an accomplishment!
    Kat and I put a store bought gingerbread house together, and forgot to take a picture before it was eaten! I'm sure yours taste much better!

    Christmas blessings!
    Thanks for sharing your family with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss Sarah,
    Thank you for the gift you gave me. I will use it as soon as I can.
    I like your ginger bread barn.
    Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. So so darling! I loved them all, but particularly the barn!
    Loved seeing how you are all working together there.
    It's a blessing to me!

    Merry Christmas!
    Mrs. B

    ReplyDelete